Ledger Nano S Buy and Review
Ledger Nano S is a secure Cryptocurency hardware wallet. It connects to the computer through USB cable and embeds a built-in OLED display to double-check and confirm each transaction with a single tap on its side buttons.
You can buy Ledger Nano S worldwide and it is available for the price of 58 EUR!
Fully compatible with the previous generation of Ledger products if you want to import an existing account.
Ledger Nano S Overview – Official Site
Why to use Ledger Nano S?
If you are not familiar with the notion of hardware wallets, you may wonder what the advantages are versus a paper wallet or an encrypted private key on a computer.
The main principle behind hardware wallets is to provide full isolation between the cryptographic secrets (private keys) and your easy to hack computer or smartphone. Vulnerabilities of modern PCs and smartphones are well known, and if you keep your private keys there (private key = your bitcoins) it’s just a matter of time before you’ll get hacked and lose everything.
A paper wallet may be secure, but only until you want to use your funds, requiring importing your private keys on your computer. And if you think a password encrypting your keys is enough, a malware is smart enough to wait for the inevitable decryption before sweeping your funds.
Hardware wallets are convenient, affordable, portable and backed up by a paper wallet allowing easy recovery in case of loss. If you have any significant amount of bitcoins, using a hardware wallet should be a no brainer.
Ledger nano S Main Features
- Cryptographic secrets protected by a secure chip
- Supporting: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Dogecoin, Litecoin, Zcash, Dash, Ripple, Stratis, Komodo, PoSW
- Confirmation of transactions on the embedded screen
- Built-in 4 digit PIN security lock
- Built-in onboarding (seed generation and recovery)
- BIP39 seed (12/18/24 words), easy backup and restoration
- Multi-apps support: FIDO U2F, GPG, SSH…
- USB connectivity
- Foldable and compact casing
- Compatible with Ledger Wallet Bitcoin Chrome application and Ledger Wallet Ethereum Chrome application
Ledger nano S Technology
Ledger’s core technology is a low footprint embedded Operating System built for Secure Elements and Secure Enclaves. Thanks to its innovative asynchronous architecture, Ledger OS enables full orchestration of code and systems directly from the secure world.
Ledger Wallet Status of Bitcoin Gold
Ledger will add immediate support for the Bitcoin Gold fork if/when the code is available, with replay protection, and successful/valid.